The Pirin Tourism Forum (PTF) is a Bulgarian non-governmental organization established in 1997 as the successor of the three-year Project for Eco and Sustainable Tourism in Pirin and Rila (PREST, 1994-1997) funded by the British Know How Fund at the initiative of the Bulgarian Ministry of Environment. The founders were municipalities from Blagoevgrad District and the Pirin National Park Directorate. The PTF acted as the regional tourism board for Southwest Bulgaria for about 13 years. At present, it rather has the character of a product organization focused on the development of sustainable tourism all over Bulgaria but also in the border areas of neighbouring countries.
- The new Visitor Center of Rila NP was officially opened in Blagoevgrad
- PTF finalized successfully a two-year Bulgarian-German project
- Strategic planning for cultural tourism in the cross-border area between Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- BIO2CARE Bulgarian-Greek Projects ends next year
- Newsletter 2 of BIO2CARE – A project that cares for the environment