The project Tour Guides for Protected Territories in Bulgaria was finalized successfully at the end of 2019. It was implemented in partnership by the Pirin Tourism Forum and the German partners of Terolog GmbH and BTE Tourism and Regional Consulting (small consulting businesses). Funding was provided by the German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU), and support from the Bulgarian side was secured by the Executive Forestry Agency at the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry and the Ministry of Environment. The project was focused as a pilot initiative on five Bulgarian protected areas – the nature parks of Vitosha, Belasitsa, Rilski Manastir and Vrachanski Balkan, and the national park of Central Balkan. Among the experts working in those parks, the team selected and trained nature guides who then developed their own first interpretive trails. The new trails are being promoted via the project web-site at www.nature-experiece-bulgaria.com and a number of other marketing measures.
- The new Visitor Center of Rila NP was officially opened in Blagoevgrad
- PTF finalized successfully a two-year Bulgarian-German project
- Strategic planning for cultural tourism in the cross-border area between Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- BIO2CARE Bulgarian-Greek Projects ends next year
- Newsletter 2 of BIO2CARE – A project that cares for the environment